Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:46:45 -0400
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 16:29:13 -0400, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would be curious as to how many studies have been done that *prove* the
> opposite conclusion- i.e. that vitamin C is protective against cancer
> causing
> nitrites?

I always used to squeeze a lemon onto anything containing nitrites except
bacon. Still do when I cheat with dead food like Spam.

My DH, for example, is a big hot dog eater, as well as chowing
> down
> on  nitrite loaded ham, bacon, pepperoni, etc. several times weekly, and
> sometimes  daily. I've checked the labels and noticed that vitamin C is
> added to
> some  of these products already. I doubt companies would spend the extra
> money to
>  fortify their foods with added vitamin C without pretty substantial
> evidence
> of  efficacy.

Efficacy for what? My favourite conspiracy theorists all quote a U.N.
document called "Agenda 21" or suchlike, and others insisting that the
population of the earth must be reduced by several billions of people. How
better than by poisoning us?

  I don't drink sugar loaded fruit juices either.
> And  I
> got breast cancer anyway. Go figger. . .

Seem to be lots of ways to get breast cancer - here's another you might
not have thought of. Read the last line
first:<http://www.whale.to/y/riggs.html>

William