From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:15:39 -0800
--- "Kristina K. Carlton"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Would you mind sharing your recipes? I let my
> cravings get the better of me
> last night and had some spelt bread. I just  needed
> something with a
> different consistency (hormones!!). Anyway, I have
> tried to make "pudding"
> and stuff with almond butter, nut meals, etc. but
> they never quite turn out
> that good.

Sure.  To make a pudding thingy, put two tablespoons
of almond butter in a pint jar, add a cup of water and
a heaping tablespoon of psyllium fiber, shake it up
thoroughly and let sit for five minutes or so until it
thickens.  Crushed berries, chopped nuts, or stevia
can be added if you like.

I've also done a berry almond mousse: soften an
envelope of unflavored gelatin in a half cup of water
in a blender jar.  Add a cup of boiling water, and
blend at a low speed; then start adding frozen berries
a few at a time (hopefully you have the blender with a
hole in the lid - otherwise throw them in quickly and
put the lid back on before they splash) while turning
up the speed gradually until even at the highest speed
the blender is laboring....the mixture will be almost
solid.  Pour or spoon it into bowls and enjoy.

I'm still experimenting with the flatbread, but for
starters, beat an egg together with a quarter to a
half cup of almond butter.  Then mix in a half cup of
water, then a half cup of flax seed meal.  Pour into a
greased 8 inch square pan, or drop into greased muffin
tins.  Bake at 350 until done - basically it pulls
away from the sides of the pan and a knife stuck in
the middle comes out clean.

I've also done this in the blender with nuts instead
of nut butter - just grind the nuts and water, then
add the other ingredients.    And of course you can
add any seasonings or sweetener you like.

Good luck, and let us know if you come up with any
variations you like!

Andrea