From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:11:15 -0800
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:02:33 -0500, robynkf <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> For example, I make a simple
>and true observation about milk -- that we are the only species who
>continues to drink it past the point of weaning ... and get a "yeah, so
>what" response from one member... a "who cares?" from another ... and  a
>"big deal" from a third.
>
>These kinds of responses serve absolutely no purpose and do nothing to
>enlighten, educate, or inform ... which is what newsgroups are supposed to
>do, right?

I think this is mistaking a conversational rebuttal with a personal attack.

I can't speak for others, but when I say "So what?", what I mean is "What is the
relevance of this remark to this issue?"

The situation is that millions of people have died of heart disease over the
past 15 years, because of the insane propagation of the "low-fat" myth in our
culture.

Our own Ray might have died of diabetes, had he not figured out what was really
causing his problem.

So, the search for what works and why, is of critical importance to us all.

And, the PALEOFOOD list is one of the only places where one can intelligently
discuss these issues (in fact, one of the only places I've found in a dozen
years on the Internet, where one can intelligently discuss anything).

My observation is that as the Internet becomes more popular, an increasing
number of people are looking for someplace to feel part of a social group.

I think they confuse "support list" with "social club".   What is being
supported is Paleolithic Eating.   This means that, unlike in
"sci.med.nutrition" or "alt.diet", you won't be flamed merely for wanting to
pursue a Paleo way of eating!

But it doesn't mean that you can say anything that comes to mind, and everyone
will just smile sweetly, and say "that's nice".