From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:16:58 -0400
On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Richard Archer wrote:

> >>If anyone's interested I'll generate a list of foods with a 'healthy'
> >>w-3 to w-6 ratio.
>
> Done!  http://www.interdomain.net.au/~rha/food/omega3ratio.html
>
> There are some interesting results in there!

That's terrific.  I think the biggest surprise was Oscar Meyer
canned ham coming in ahead of flax seed, sardines, etc. It's also
interesting that grape leaves are so favorable, since they are
another example of a traditional "health" food.

The fact that the spices are all generally favorable may help to
explain why we have come to enjoy them so much.

Now, how about listing foods according to a composite score that
somehow incorporates favorable ratio and absolute amounts.  For
example, we could take the w-3:w-6 ratio (instead of the
w-6:w-3), so that higher is better.  Then multiply it by the
percentage of w-3, so that more is better.  Is that doable?

Todd Moody