From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:10:21 -0700
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 14:04:46 -0400, Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

><<And how many of those who you treated, and were on a low-carb diet, had
>"retention of fluid" and/or "heart failure" which resulted after they
>ingested
>Lite Salt and then stopped when they ceased ingesting Lite Salt ??>>
>
>Enough to warrant telling people to NEVER use it.  I recommend sea salt if
>salt is desired.

Sea Salt is 98% sodium chloride, and only TRACE AMOUNTS of Potassium.

The entire idea is to RESTORE Potassium, not to salt foods.   It is just more
convenient to use Lite Salt, since the government prohibits Potassium
supplements of more than 99 mg.

You previously stated:

 " Potassium supplements in normally recommended doses seems to work well. "

and above

 " I recommend sea salt. "

Since you are recommending sodium chloride in the form of sea salt, and you
recommend potassium supplements, then LITE SALT IS THE SAME THING - ie sodium
chloride mixed together with potassium supplements - for convenience.

--
Cheers,

Ken