From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:34:18 -0500
I ate leaves off maybe a half-dozen purslane plants a couple of weeks ago.
Very tasty raw.  They taste reminiscent of spinach, only much milder.
Quite delicous.

On the CR list someone told me a black bug was introduced to eradicate
purslane, because it is considered a weed.  Too bad.  I did notice some
black spots and one black bug on my plants.