From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:49:23 -0500
Nathen:
   My husband and I were talking the other morning about our individual
self-images - not mine and his per se, but humans in general.  It is my
opinion - based on 52 years of observation - that men are "what they do"
and women are "how they look".  Not in the simple vanity sense but a
woman feels less 'worthy' if she is not attractive or desirable.  I am
sure that this can be traced _all_ the way back to the earliest of human
interactions.  Men were desirable in their ability to provide and women
were visually desirable.  Those standards of "beauty" have changed from
time to time but I don't know that "earth-muffin" is still viable.  Your
mom, while she may be a geez to you is still a "girl" in her mind and as
such needs the validation of recognition....(not to mention the effects
of "earth-muffinness" on her heart, blood and vital organs).  I can't
imagine the disastrous effects of being past "reproductive activity", a
"gaiac Earth-Muffin" and fired.  My heart goes out to both of you but
mostly to her.  I only wish that she could be in a position to tell them
to ...oh well, I am sure you can guess the rest.  Maybe Mom should be
paleo, too.
   This list is about support - you both have mine.  Hang in there - it
_will_ get better!  Think of the relief to not be under the influence of
those creepy people that are her employers.  Maybe some day you will say
"good, good news".
Luv, Bev