From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:21:51 -0600
I have been on this list for 2 years now.  At times it can be very enlightening, unfortunately most of the time it digresses into scientific muscle flexing.  It seems that Ray's book embraces simple eating and yet this list often discusses refined products like brewers yeast, cod liver oil capsules and supplementation.  These items can't be hunted or gathered as found in nature.

While I realize that today's food is often chemically sprayed and injected with hormones and that we don't live in caves, have we lost sight of Ray's recommendations to eat the simple foods?  Isn't it really rather moot to be dissecting every fatty acid or molecule in our foods?  I assume our ancestors ate what they could find and kill and didn't connect any nutritional value to it.  I enjoy Ray's ideas (along with many paleofood-minded theories) because it is essentially the basic food meant for mankind to eat.   Why must we complicate it?

Just curious.  Anyone following NeanderThin and enjoying it?

Snowlight