From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:40:05 -0600
In my life, I find my "hunger thermostat" isn't terribly reliable. It is
subject to much influence from what I have been eating, what addictive
craves are currently raising their ugly heads again (carbs, caffeine
etc), and the recent audio/visual input (conversations, commercials,
passing a fast food place LOL). I've learned to ask myself if the
"hunger" is a general thing or for something specific, and if specific,
something reasonable. General hunger is the kind where I will eat just
about anything in front of me including perhaps the plate <grin> For me,
anything else is either a crave or maybe a need for a particular
nutrient. Strikes me that if you're only eating pork and zucchini in a
day, you might need some other things in your diet. Enlarge your menu
and see if you still feel the same. If your weight is maintaining,
you're probably taking in enuf calories.

tsayonah