From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:22:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/01 8:03:33 AM CST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Even if one avoids panty hose, there is still the possibility of having
very
 dry skin, including very dry feet.  This can be due to EFA deficiency, or in
 some cases low thyroid function, which I recall you had many symptoms of.
 So hose or no hose, the problem may remain as long as the body is either not
 getting what it needs, or not processing things properly due to disordered
 metablism.

 There is no law that women must wear panty hose.  (I've not worn them for at
 least 15 years!!  I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in them.)  No you don't
 have to go bare, although it's not a bad idea in warm weather.  If your
 office atmosphere is not amenable to wearing open sandals and having bare
 feet and legs, you can purchase 100% cotton tights (or at least 90-something
 percent cotton with some lycra).  These allow your skin to breathe more than
 synthetic fabrics.  You'll find them in shoe stores, some clothing stores,
 and my mail.  There are many brands I've seen over the years.  They last
 longer than hose and are better for your  health.  Or, you can wear slacks,
 cotton socks or tights, and comfortable flat shoes.

 Btw:  High heels are hell on your feet, muscles, ligaments, tendons, spine,
 and posture.  There are attractive looking but functional dress shoes you
 can find as well.  You just have to hunt a bit to find them.

I agree,,,,I haven't worn hose for many many years. I hate 'em. I don't wear
heels either and would never take a job that required it. They are torturous
and deforming in my opinion....and definitely NOT paleo. :)
I know several women in their 60s that have major feet/back problems due to
wearing heels during their lives.

Mary C.