From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 04:51:10 GMT
In the UK we used to have a grammer school system which kids went to
at aged
11.

There was an exam they had to do at aged 11, it was called The Eleven
Plus.

If you passed it, you went to a grammer school and went on to do
higher
qulification at aged 16.

If you failed, you went a Secondary Modern school which was less
academic
and the exams at aged 16 were of a lower academic standard, if you did
exams
at all.

Anyway, they noticed that in the beginning, more girls passed the
Eleven
Plus than girls.

So, what did they do....? Were there more girls going on to higher
education?

Nah... they changed the questions so that more boys passed.

Much like the IQ test that discriminated againt immigrants.

Can we trust any test?