From:
Ron_Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:01:18 -0600
Hi Hilary,

A lot of what you say makes sense to me but I believe that exercise is still
a key component of wellness and weight loss. For one thing, exercise, in the
context of ketosis, burns more fat than sitting around. Also, after the
shift to ketosis, most folks feel energetic and want to be active. Finally,
being active is very helpful to the psyche, which is important for avoiding
depression and a sense of deprivation that sometimes comes from following a
highly restricted diet.

Although I have never suffered from obesity, I have followed a ketogenic
diet on two occasions, for periods of about 6 weeks. I have since been
recommending this diet and could not have done so without first trying it
myself.

During those dietary stints, I trimmed off about 10-15 pounds of excess
weight and felt wonderful. I'm about to start it again, because my sweet
tooth has me feeling fat and lazy again, although I really only need to drop
7 or 8 pounds.

Best Wishes,
Ron