Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:32:42 -0600
I am now fortunate to be able to buy both chickens and beef from local
farmers and ranchers.

But before I could do this I spent many years eating food from the grocery
store.  I sought out grocery stores that sold kosher meats because, at the
time, that appeared to be the most humanely killed meat that I could
purchase.

For those of you on the list who need to buy meat from grocery stores, you
might be able to locate stores that sell kosher meat - assuming that it is
still processed the way it used to be.  If the meat comes with a one
800-number, you can always call and ask questions regarding feed,
antibiotics, etc..

Kath