From:
Padraig Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:11:26 -0400
According to http://nikkisblogspot.com/2009/02/foods-to-avoid-on-the-paleo-
diet/

"Legumes have a similar story to grains; they weren’t consumed by the paleo
hunter-gatherer because they needed to be cooked in order to be edible.
Legumes also have similar traits to grains in their make-up; they contain
phytates which inhibit nutrient absorption and cause inflammation. They also
contain lectins and play with healthy hormonal functions.

Types of legumes to avoid on the paleo diet include lentils, all beans (such as
kidney beans, pinto beans and broad beans), peanuts (peanuts are a legume
not a nut), soy beans and chickpeas."

I'm shocked. I thought peanuts were one of the nuts that grows in the wild
and eaten by man since before we departed from the monkeys.

Peanuts don't need to be cooked though so their argument doesn't follow
there from the reason not to eat legumes. If I felt like eating raw grains and
they existed to some extent in years past I'd eat them.

People claim our ancestors never did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Fkig9VYWS6I ?