From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 08:46:33 CST
David wrote:
I buy most of my meat at Wild Oats and Whole Foods. Both claim their
meat is hormone and antibiotic free. I age my meat by placing it on a
plate uncovered in the refrigerator. It forms a crust on the outside. I cut
off pieces and eat them as is. I sometimes keep meat as long as
three weeks with no problems. I have eaten raw chicken legs from Wild
Oats raw. I haven't had any problems with parasites in the three years
that I have been eating raw meat. I haven't tried emu or ostrich.

David, thanks for the advice.  I have a few more questions.  Are Wild Oats
and Whole Foods located only in your area or do they distribute to other
areas (I live in Jefferson City, MO).  If they do, could you please give me
their phone numbers.  What is the purpose of aging meat (I'm not disagreeing
with you, just want clarification)?  Why do you place the meat 'uncovered'?
What types of raw meat have you been eating the last 3 years besides
chicken?  What about pork -- I heard raw pork is a no-no because of
trickinosis (spelling).

Justin Hasselman