From:
Wayne VanTassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:44:29 -0500
At 03:37 PM 8/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
>And how spiritual are the near vegetarians of China
>and Japan who did/still do hours of mediation,
>develop spirit thorough the martial arts
>and more? Maybe more so than your
>idealized hunter/gatherers.

Spiritual enough to have waged repeated imperialist wars of aggression.  To
force the women of conquered peoples to become sex slaves for their
soldiers.  Shall I go on?  And that's just in this century.

Your claim that these near vegetarians are morally superior is laughable.

>There is a history of long lived people in Japan
>and their nation was built on rice. Mostly
>whole rice and other whole grains. They ate
>flesh but not very much. Maybe their systems
>evolved to where they could flourish on grain based
>diet. Better villi in the intestines to absorb every last
>mineral.

As has been pointed out, maybe they were just too poor to eat much meat.

[snip]

>Also many hunter gathers were constantly
>warring over hunting grounds so that lead to a shorter life
>span.
>So their H/G diets may have lead to a vigorous life
>but it was short.

Pure fantasy on your part.  If you are going to give a credible defense of
veggie-ism you're going to have to base your arguments more in fact.
Otherwise you inadvertantly make my case for me.

So, thanks for your help.  ;-)