From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:59:52 -0500
I have thought about this.  Yes, they MUST have been somewhat interested in
grains and other seeds.  Otherwise, the grains from the ancestors of our
wheat would not have evolved...........man in some way or another selected
for better strains of wheat over the millenia.  In the beginning he must
have been using wild wheat to some degree.
But in these ancient, ancient times, before man had learned to process wheat
efficiently, he could not have eaten an awful lot.