From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:29:15 -0800

>For you lucky people who live in Ontario:

For the even luckier people who live in Hawai'i -- and a U.S. source for those unfortunate Americans who don't (though it will probably be further from you) there is always Kealia Ranch (on the big island of Hawai'i) which reminds me I need to call them...  www.kealiaranch.com

A friend of mine is making the world's only "white mead".  Perhaps not paleo, it's a "honey-wine", in this case made with rare Hawaiian white honey.  I know that Kealia has some knowledge of big island honey (the only place in the world where white honey can be had) so I meant to call them.

None of that has anything to do with paleo and I have no idea why I wrote it.  Maybe white mead is paleo if you spit into it to ferment it.

Kealia ranch, however, is as paleo as we moderns can get without going out into our local forest and killing something.  And their beef, bought in big enough quantities (I have no problem finishing it off anyway) is cheaper than grocery store beef in Hawai'i (although probably much more than grocery store beef in the mainland U.S.).

It's all pasture fed off of organic pasture, with no antibiotics or hormones or whatever else they put into cows these days.  I don't work for them, just a happy repeat customer.

Erik