From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 09:23:39 -0400
Kent Multer wrote:

> Fruit is acceptable on the paleo diet, right?  And fruit contains sugar.
> Of course, that's fructose.  But from what I've learned, I gather that the

My take on this is that according to a paleodiet the sugar in fruit is ok
because you can pick it and eat it.  On the other hand, the sugar that is in
the food you buy comes from sugar cane.  Sure, you can break off a piece of
cane and chew it.  Actually it's very good but you don't eat it and the amount
of sugar that you get in chewing it isn't really that great.  I guess my point
is that the sugar that is in 'normal' foods is not something that can be eaten
raw, which is the main idea behind a paleo diet.