From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:22:50 -0500
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Justin Hasselman wrote:

> Todd Moddy wrote:
> >I disagree.  There's no reason for Robyn (or anyone else) to
> >conceal her education.  I'm sure she worked hard for her degree
> >and it is not "throwing it around" to announce it.  Furthermore,
> >the area in which she got that degree (anthropology, not Chicago)
> >is relevant to what we discuss here, so it hardly weakens her
> >argument to mention it.
>
> Well, I disagree with you.  Robyn is *not* trying to 'conceal' her education
> (she actually posted her degree, field, year, blah blah).

I think you misunderstood me.  I said that Robyn had no reason to
conceal her education, and therefore had no reason to omit it
from her signature.

> The fact that
> anthropology doesn't relate to paleo, is only *more* reason that Robyn is
> trying to impress somone with her piece of paper.

It's not a fact.  Anthropology *is* relevant to paleo.

> There's a lot of people
> on this list who are smarter than Robyn and have never stepped foot in a
> college class.

Being informed is at least as important as being smart.  Robyn is
an anthropologist and I, for one, am glad to know it and would
have welcomed her input.

You are working on your own degree.  That is excellent.  I hope
that when you receive it you will take pride in it because it
represents a lot of *work* -- not just smartness -- on your
part.

Todd Moody