From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:04:27 MDT
Rachel says...

>For the majority of people I know, a calorie deficit is a requirement for
>fat loss.  I've also talked to many people who weren't losing weight but
>were low carbing strictly; come to find out they were eating so many
>calories from fat that they didn't need to burn body fat.

Rachel raises good points, as usual. ;)

I firmly agree that ketosis isn't all it takes to lose weight.  But I'll
also say that ketosis is key in controlling my appetite.  Without it, it's
very hard to keep my caloric intake low and not be ravenously hungry.  More
on that later.  I can see progress but I'm waiting until I can find a scale
before I post any results.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO