Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:24:55 -0500
"Dorsey, Betty A." wrote:

> During the last few weeks I've eliminated beef from my diet, all milk
> products,  and some of the wheat products I've been eating, all of which
> seem to help.  The abdominal pain has stopped entirely, some of the gas
> continues.
Since you have eliminated so many things at once (beef, milk, and some wheat)
how do you know which are the ones that were causing you problems?

> So the fats I'm getting now are from chicken, tofu, soy milk, and fish.
> They seem to work better for my system.    The problem has been continuing
> and escalating over the last year, so it has not been a transient issue,
> just  embarassing  and inconvenient.
Previously you stated that it was the high fat content of your diet that
was causing you problems. The diet that you are on right now does not seem
like it's high fat. Was your previous diet high in fat?

> So I don't see how the paleolithic diet would or could work for me.
You said that you eliminated milk and limited wheat and that improved your
health. I don't see how, from this, it follows that paleo diet does not
work for you. Eliminating beef (especially if it's grain/corn fed) does
NOT make a diet non-paleo. Perhaps it makes it non-"paleothin" diet.

Ilya