From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:25:20 -0700
Uhh -- someone fill me in here -- I have heard that the average age for
the onset of puberty in females in this country (USA) has dropped from
about 17 years old 100 years ago to about 13 or so now.  (Am I the only
one who sees this as a hugely important, dramatic, change in our social
and biological worlds?)  Who knows about this?  Was it dietary changes?
Which changes?  I've heard some suggest milk (the no-milk page for
example), which makes sense, since  milk may contain hormones or whatnot
to help the calf grow to an adult, which may adversely effect human
health.  I've read elsewhere that it was total carbohydrate intake.
This should be east to test, using animal studies (other omnivores).
This is hugely important change to me because the most important change,
in my opinion, from paleo to neo was the change in population change
rate.  Now we have another dramatic change in only the last 100 years.
Any ideas?

Erik