From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:23:09 -0500
From: "Peter Constantinidis" <[log in to unmask]>

> I recently started the Paleo diet a couple days ago because I was tired of
eating trash. So far so good, other than massive cravings for bread and
sugar.

Welcome to the list, Peter! The sugar and bread cravings should go away
fairly soon. Hang in there!

> I  was just now flipping through various cookbooks (even tho I dont know
how
to cook) to see what could be done, and one of my cookbooks is greek (my
background is greek) and there are extensive recipes that don't require the
use of any 'forbidden' items like grains, milk, etc.

Yes, Greek food is often paleo and this is a good idea.

> Oh yeah, I had an idea for a paleo dessert that I should try sometime. I
had the thought, why not dip a banana in honey? Or something else that
might go well (kiwi?). I've been seeing lately seed bars that are gelled
together with honey. I haven't bought more than one because they're
expensive, $1 cdn each.

Personally, I would try to stay away from any sort of desserts except a
piece of fruit, at least for a short while until you become accustomed to
the paleo diet. That is just what I would do because otherwise I can easily
get too caught up in the desserts thing and it makes it harder for me to
stay on course.

> And of course it certainly bears mentioning that one can use Stevia as a
sugar replacement, it's diabetic safe too. Stevia is a herb from paraguay,
and it's 400 times as strong as sugar. Been used in Japan extensively since
the 1960s. Check it out.

Perhaps, but for some it is easier to make the break with all types of sugar
substitutes even paleo ones, at least for a while. Everyone has different
experiences.

--Richard