Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:36:26 -0700
Excellent info on Australian hunter gatherers, Don.

I just read a book about N. American HGs in the Columbia River area and
their greatest challenge was to find sufficient fat.

The Indian with the most fat stored in his lodge, was considered the wealthiest.

Mary

If you guys are interested I'll search out the title.