From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:08:49 MST
>so 500 kcal will be about 125 g of carbohydrate
>or 500g sweet potatoe per day.

>500-700 kcal is what literature reported as the mandatory requirement of
>brain and blood cells.
>It can be halved in a state of ketosis after some days
>if enough fat was present.

Thanks for the translation!  Ketosis is my middle name until I get to my
goal weight, which is whatever looks good.  I'm guessing another 35-40
pounds from where I'm at now.  I don't religiously count carbs any more, but
I know for certain I don't go above 60g/day.  But rest easy; I'm NOT eating
too much protien, which Cordain will address in his upcoming book.  Typical
day: one egg & 2 slices bacon for breakfast, one chicken breast for lunch
and, oh, 4-6 ounces beef for dinner.  Don't worry, I'm eating good veggies,
just clueing you in on protein intake.  Critics always gasp and say I'm
eating too much.  Ha!  It's not much more than they eat, probably.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  Grrr!  As I tap away at the keys, that annoying ad for Meridia is on
the tube.  When will people figure it OUT!