From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:28:16 -0700
>>For weight loss, quitting eating around 5 or 6 makes a huge
>>difference for me.

>That's interesting.  I find much the same thing to be true.

When's the scale at its lowest?  First thing in the morning.  Why?  Because
sleep is when the body gets buzy; tissue repair, general upkeep, etc.  If
you go to bed with grub in the belly, the body can use that fuel for said
upkeep and repair.  Go to bed on an empty stomach?  The body has no choice
but to use fat stores for fuel.  The longer you've gone without food before
hitting they hay, the higher the hum of your engine.  If I go to bed hungry,
I wake up feeling satisfied; I'm in ketosis and using stored fat and, thus,
little if any hunger.  If I eat just BEFORE bed, I wake up ready to eat.
Strange but true.  Well, not strange at all when you think about it.  Just
seems that way.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO