From:
Cecilia Moen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:53:08 +0200
>>you are going to create an
>> alienated sociopath if you dont permit the child to have brownies,
>> chips, etc when he goes to parties or is in the company of other
>> children.

Hi!

We started eating this way due to my daughter's severe exzema and
already after 2 1/2 weeks it has all cleared up :-)

It seems she understands that this food is better for her, because she
doesn't ask for what the other children have (at parties for example)
though she previously has eaten that food, but that of course doesn't
mean she might some time in the future (we recently had her diagnosed
as allergic/sensitive to most grains, rice and sugar).

Still it DOES feel a little like we are now "outsiders". Because on a
practicial level we can't now join in when the neighbours say "Why
doesn't someone give all the kids supper tonight?"

I suppose I could keep extra food at home for special occassions when
others eat with us, or I could ask others to prepare special food for
my daughter but it is asking a bit much of normal social relationships
(i.e. not a doting grandmother ;-) )

Still almost everybody has something which from a social point of view
craves a little patience from others so maybe it is no big deal... I
am sure that children who grow up with a diet like this can handle the
downsides.

Cecilia in Sweden
(where kids don't eat brownies, they eat gingerbread cookies)