From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:19:17 -0500
B, I have personally never tried acupuncture. I only know one relative who had one beneficial experience with it and one negative one. The impression I get also from scientific studies on that subject,  is that the evidence for it is mixed, with both positive and negative results, quite possibly implying that it is only partially effective, in the end. I naturally agree that there are some  factors within various other alternative medicine-fields that may well prove useful, given my own experience, but many others(eg:- crystal therapy) are somewhat dodgy and evidence-free. What I mean, is that in another few centuries/millenia of scientific advancement, we may well eventually find more data confirming the benefits or disadvantages of various alternative-medicine ideas.

In the case of religion, I can only speak from my own personal experience. When I was, years ago, at death's door from numerous health-problems, I did actually, at one point, pray a few times in the desperate hope that that would make me healthy, given that many other of my ideas had been useless. That didn't work. In the end, I realised that I had to control my own fate via diet and other ideas. So, my view is that either there is a God and he doesn't give a damn about us, in which case worship of God/belief in God is a waste of time, or there isn't any God and I am the master of my own personal destiny and therefore have to solve my own problems.

My point re Creationism though still stands. It is in direct opposition to the theory behind the Palaeolithic Diet, as the PD diet depends mainly  on evolution for its basic theories re evolutionary adaptation. Mentioning Creationism on a Palaeolithic Diet forum is very much like mentioning meat-consumption on a raw vegan diet forum or mentioning the positive contribution to Mankind of Thomas Edison on a forum devoted to Nikola Tesla.

As regards  the other comment re  my "bellicosity":- On a more cynical note, I should point out that, based on my own past experience, forums which are too polite/deferent and non-confrontational tend often to become extinct due to lack of posts. Some controversy is sometimes needed in order to generate interest/posts in online  forums.
Geoff