Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 07:00:06 -0700
Is it possible to buy other sources of fat, such as bear fat, whale blubber,
etc.

I feel a little uncomfortable relying so heavily on pork fat.

Some say that the same food over and over causes allergies. Is this true?  I
need my son to get another allergy, like I need a hole in the head!

If he gets allergic to pork, I don't know what I would do.

Most of the allergies (dairy, wheat, beef) he developed while having very
toxic intestines (from antibiotics).

I am hoping since the intestines are healing (we hope!) that he would be
less likely to develop more allergies? After all, doesn't Ray eat the same
thing (pork bacon) frequently, for years, with no allergies?

Regarding beef, some have kindly suggested that a person would not be
allergic to the beef tallow. However, after being sensitive to gluten
myself, and knowing how traces can set off a reaction, I am not optimistic
about beef tallow as a source of fat. When I get my suet, it has traces of
red meat (protein) on the edges, and sometimes through it. I think (perhaps
wrongly) that it would be hard to get suet with no traces of beef protein in it.

Also, can you eat too much fat? In the STONE AGE DIET book he mentions 80%
fat by calories. What if you are getting 90% by calories? It is hard for me
to estimate what percent I am getting of fat vs protein. I try therefore to
err on the side of too much fat, as he mentions that too much proteins or
carbs are not good.

Also, how would a HG get 80% fat off a lean animal such as a moose?

Sorry for all these questions!

Yoyo, thanks for hunting for the no sugar bacon!! What does this say about
our culture and sugar!

BTW, does anyone know if in the "old days" bacon was cured with sugar? Or,
is this a "modern"  and "cilvilized" development?

Moira

One more ?, would dried ostrich and dried turkey be pretty nutritious? I
usually use dried ostrich and turkey in my son's pemmican, the base fat is
pork. Today I am making some with dried venison and pork for fat. I also
frequently make chicken soup from backs and necks, wouldn't this be
nutritious as well?