From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:36:11 -0500
>No more open season on men.  I am sick of it.  Maybe women don't tend
>succumb to the exact same temptations as men, but women are just as
guilty
>in their own way.  I am often sickened, for instance, by the tendency
of
>some women to put money ahead of love.

I think I did mention this in an earlier post - yes we like a distinct
and exaggerated triangular shape and YES we tend to be attracted to men
with money, because a man with money is just like a woman with large
breasts.  Actually, I need to modify that, because men SEEM to prefer
women with a "certain" appearance, and one of those factors we were
discussing is large breasts.  Both of these attractants are superficial,
but our attraction to them are both simply survival instincts.

Women prefer men with money because money is the current symbol used for
food, and a female creature that wants its DNA to survive is going to be
attracted to a mate who can provide the most food.  (Or protection, or
money, or pobble beads, or whatever is the local/current "symbol" or
"proof" of being a successful male.)

In humans, females prefer the triangular shape because it is indicative
of upper body strength and infers that that male will be a good hunter.
Rounded muscular bottoms are also prefered, because it infers the
ability to run and chase down food.

Woman are just as sickened when men show a tendency to put "appearance"
over love.  However, some attraction on some basis has to occur before
"love" has time to develop.

The connection between money and survival is obvious and unquestioned.
Women are intially ATTRACTED to potential mates with money (or proven
hunting ability) as well as those physical traits that show potential
for survival success.  Most women I know, however, when they DO chose a
mate, chose for love or companionship or other personal qualities that
are not as obvious as money/build.  Women are psychologically designed
to mate, if not for life, at least for the 5-6 years it takes an
offspring to be "up and running", and most tend to base their final
decision on compatibility as well as on initial appearance of wealth or
strength.

It is also understandable that men too are intially attracted to women
with traits that show potential for survival success, and the trait
currently under debate is that of large breasts.  So far we have
discussed several reasons why males would instinctively consider this a
positive trait.  Like women, men are initially attracted to women who
show a strong potential for survival, but human males ALSO will mate for
long periods of time, because the ability to be there to raise and train
the offspring is HIS insurance that his DNA will survive.

The connection between "looks" and survival isn't questioned either.  A
survey of world cultures from the most primitive to the most
idustrialized shows the common denominator that males are attracted to
in a female are:  Relative youth and smooth skin.  All other factors are
all over the board from culture to culture.  But youth and smooth skin
indicates health, stamina and lack of disease and it seems pretty
reasonable that most males would find these survival traits.  The
connection between large breasts and survival potential is less obvious
- okay, so far COMPLETELY obvious, and may just be an American/Western
cultural thing and not really at all representative of the entire race
at all.

However, since we are the only mammal that has such enlarged and
enhanced mammary glands, there must be SOME reason, and we have to
assume it has been bred into us by preference or by function at some
point in time.   How/why/whatfor.

Both men and woman are initially attracted to seemingly superficial and
meaningless things (money, looks, whatever) that turn out just to be
simple instinct and good evolutionary yardsticks.  There is nothing
wrong with that, because in this particularly complicated animal, it is
only the first phase of the courtship.  Human offspring are far too
fragile to be raised successfully by only one parent, and sometimes two
isn't even enough.  Human offspring take many years of cooperative care
- so, even though these superficial things get the ball rolling, they
are not the things that keep it going.

No one's got it out for the men - we're just trying to figure out why
'breasts'?

Fawn