From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:59:06 EDT
Hi to all,
My family has been following NeanderThin since July 1, b/c DH and 2 yo
DD
are allergic to grains, dairy and soy. (side note: Ray is my hero!
LOL) 1 yo
DD is nursing and starting to eat solids now. My Q is, should I follow
the
same precautions as advised by AAP when starting solids, 1 new food at
time, wait to see reaction...or is it ok to feed her meat (Ray said in
an
interview that his son teethed on pork rinds), veggies and fruits w/o
overzealous reservation? What about nuts, should she wait on nut
products?
DD has been eating bananas, avocado, pork rinds, ground buffalo,
blueberries, plums, applesauce... I try to keep it to 3 different
foods QD,
but she has a runny nose now (not a germ) and night waking last night,
like
her sister with food allergies at same age. She like to find crumbs
and has
shared her big sister's Cave Man Cookies (has almond and egg)
Can any parents of NeanderThin children (cave babies!) offer any
advice?
Thanks in advance,
Stacie
BTW: 2 yo DD is doing VERY well on NeanderThin, despite Dr's big frown
upon
it. Quack, quack to you, Dr! Neolithic food was making her pull fur
our of
her stuffed animals and eat it, always had a runny nose and rash,
starting
to look like mild autism....Now a healthy "normal" kid! :-) Thanks
Ray, your
book was a lifesaver!
s.