From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:44:10 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer which has already
> spread to
> the lymph nodes. I haven't yet been scanned to determine if it has
> metastasized anywhere else.

Caveat: I don't have professional or personal experience with cancer,
but here are a few things I've read about that seem crucial, but that
you may already know if you're on this list. One is immediately and
completely avoiding all forms of dairy, raw or pasteurized, from any
species of animal. Only one of many reasons for this, though a very
powerful one, has to do with EGF and betacellulin, and you can read
more about it in a newsletter from Loren Cordain which you should be
able to find as a PDF on his website. Some people think raw dairy is
good, or goat or sheep dairy, but it's a dangerous gamble. It is a
hormonal delivery system that evolved for other species in other
stages of life (infancy--rapid growth). During human evolution, we
were never exposed to milk after weaning, and never to the milk of
another species. Another is to go low carb and be in ketosis all the
time (I don't know whether it's important to be in strong ketosis, or
if mild ketosis is good enough), reason being that cancer particularly
needs sugar and insulin. In light of that, while I agree with the
other poster that fruit is important, I think that you have to be
careful with it. Choose fruits with a high ratio of antioxidants,
polyphenols, anthocyanins, flavonoids, vitamins, etc., to sugars. I
would personally think about eating more of the skins and seeds of
grapes, and discarding some of the pulp, and eating more of the apple
skins and less of the flesh. And certainly eat fruits like sour or
wild cherries, blueberries, cranberries, aronia, and blackberry, and
avoid sweeter fruits like banana, mango, and pineapple. And don't eat
so much fruit that it knocks you out of ketosis. Same goes for
vegetables, really. I would eat a lot of things like red cabbage,
kale, parsley, beet green, chard, spinach, garlic, onions (and many
more) and avoid things like beans, corn, potatoes, and grains
(obviously). Also, I would not reject conventional therapies on
principle, but consider them carefully (read "Questioning
Chemotherapy", by Ralph Moss). I had a friend who decided not to have
surgery or chemo for her colon cancer, but chose to fight it with
natural remedies and diet, and her buddhist meditation practice, but
it didn't work.

Looking back over what I just wrote, it's pretty much basic paleo
diet. I wonder how important omega-3 and omega-6 fats are to cancer.
If you think that's important then you could try to get game meat.
Venison, moose, and turkey is what's mostly available around where I
live, and the fatty acid profiles are radically different from
supermarket meat.