From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:59:43 -0500
Hi All.

I'm just curious as to how much flesh/day everyone here
eats.  I eat about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds/day, including fat
and skin.  I've been trying to gain back at least 10 pounds
for over two years now.  I went type O- in mid 1997, paleo
by mid '98.

Brief background:

I lost about 15 lbs. from my already lean 125 lbs., 5'6"
frame as I shriveled up from 13 years of veganism.  Nuts
still give me muscle pain; my blood's too thin so I'm trying
to limit olives and olive oil; I recently purchaced 5 lbs.
or organic, pastured lard but more than two teaspoons at
time makes me nauseous (Odd thing is I can handle the bacon,
ham and chop fats.)  I can almost drink other fats, but
there never seems to be enough before it's gone.  I imagine
it will take several years to heal the gut damage and
improve absorption since it took such a long hammering, but
I'm always looking for ways to put on pounds. (I'm also
missing 15 inches of terminal ileum/colon; hypoadrenal and
hypothyroid, no doubt as a result of this dietary abuse.)

I have lots of IgE and IgG reactions to foods, beef being
one, and I only eat organic meats, fatty fish plus a variety
of veggies.  Anybody out there eat more than 2 pounds of
meat a day and still have trouble breaking 110 lbs.?  I'm
guessing my northern European ancestors at a lot of blubber
from sea mammals together with caribou and other lean land
mammals.  I've come across caribou before, but try finding
seal meat these days!  Pysically active all my life, I get a
moderate amount of excercise now (mountain hikes, weights,
calesthenics) but nothing compared to when I was charged on
carbos.

I'd be interested to hear any similar paleo stories.  Will I
get back to at least 120 lbs. if I eat a whole lamb, 1/4
hog, 20 lbs. venison, 20 lbs. chicken, 10 lbs. turkey, etc.
more often than once a month? ;-)

Kaplah,
Lois