Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:51:46 -0700
Kristina - it is helpful to use something akin to Phosfood Liquid
(Ortho-Phosphoric acid which I got from a local homeopathic pharmacy)
for several days prior to a flush as it softens the stones a great deal.
  When I did my own flushes, I used it each time about 10 drops taken in
Apple Juice - about twice a day for 2-3 days prior.  I can't be
absolutely sure that it was helpful, but it definitely didn't hurt the
situation (and the stones were soft enough to easily crush - sort of mushy).

Regards,

-=mark=-