From:
Liz Pavek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 15:26:28 -0600
Carol:

If you choose very very fresh eggs, you don't need to worry about
salmonella.  Personally, I think that's a big crock cooked up by somebody
to get some publicity for something.  I lived in Alaska for thirty years,
and most of those years, no one ever saw any egg less than three weeks old,
most much more, and I never heard of even ONE case of salmonella from eggs.
 Chicken meat, maybe, but never eggs.  They are sterile on the inside.  If
you still aren't sure, just wash the shells before you break them.  I
raised chickens for eggs, and never ever had anyone complain.  Don't be
afraid.

P.S.  If you get yourself a little Cuisinart, you won't be so scared of the
kitchen!  8^)

Liz