From:
Karine Bauch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:30:11 -0800
Hi Stacie,

You asked if the pain is muscular - and I believe that it is.  It hurts to stretch it.  It is not a menstrual problem because I am nursing right now and have not had my cycle return yet.  7 years ago, I lost 25 pounds on Weight Watchers before my wedding and had horrendous lower back pain.  It made no sense to me since I was my thinnest ever, had a flat stomach and exercised.  After marriage, out went the diet.  I gained 40 pounds, but my back pain disappeared shortly after eating "normally" (which was full of carbs - full of everything, actually!)  I have had 3 children since and experienced some back pain during pregnancy and nursing each time.  I have big babies that strain me to lift.  My baby now is 6 months old.  It could be all that, but the fact that it has intensified (and that my mom is having the same problem while eating this way) has led me to believe that it is diet related.

I will take your advice and drink lots of water.  I am expecting my body to take a long time to fix itself.  Many years of grains and dairy (which I thought was health food) has taken its toll.  Thanks for your advice.