From:
Frances Gavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:04:28 -0000
Kent you said:
>Potatoes, I believe, are inedible and even toxic until they are cooked.

Actually that's not true. Raw potatoes are a traditional remedy for
digestive problems and for the heart and circulation and in Russian folk
medicine it is recommended that a raw grated potato should be eaten daily by
everyone over the age of 40 to delay the onset of arteriosclerosis.  Green
potatoes though are toxic and should not be eaten, even if they are cooked.

I don't really know why the potato along with green beans which can also be
eaten raw are not part of the paleo diet either other than they are high
carb.

Frances
Surrey,UK