From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:01:59 -0700
From: "c.ten.broeke_mail.chello.nl" <[log in to unmask]>

. It seems reasonable to me that we could be the aquatic ape descendents and
are genetically disposed to
> digest small amounts of salt.

My father (Dutch heritage) used to live in Florida where he spent a lot of
time on the beach, in his boat, etc.  He must have sweat more than the
average person living in Holland, for example.    :)

After several months of fealing lethargic, he went to a doctor for a blood
workup.  The results showed that he was severely lacking salt, which made
sense because Dad was trying to watch his blood pressure and had entirely
given up table salt.

Once he reintroduced salt to his diet, he felt fine.  I wish he would have
eaten a lot of salt containing foods, like celery, but at least he became
well.

Kath