From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:08:55 +1000
At 15:57 +1000 26/3/1999, Kim Tedrow wrote:

>In a message dated 3/25/99 11:57:01 PM EST [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> I find vegetables that
>>  taste revolting raw (to me) are the ones that aren't paleo (green beans,
>>  broccoli, cauliflower, potato, squash), and I avoid them cooked as well.
>
>When did broccoli and cauliflower become non-paleo?  (and I like both of those
>raw)...

Umm...

Sorry, I made a mistake and shouldn't have included broccoli in that list.
I have no evidence that it is non-paleo, and I don't have bad reactions to
it if I eat it. I hope I don't restart that 'Broccoli is poisonous' thread.

I have a love/hate relationship with Cauli. My mum loves it and I hate it.
This has been the cause of much stress over the years.

I find the smell of lightly steamed cauliflower and green beans very
unpleasant. The smell similar for both these vegetables. I assumed the
compound that makes green beans non-paleo is the one that makes them smell
bad, so I assumed cauliflower was non-paleo too.

Obviously that's a lot of assumptions, and the logic is flawed anyway.
I have been led astray by my taste-buds.

Sorry all. I'll think about my postings more carefully in future.

 ...Richard.