From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:39:01 -0700
What you describe is not enough to claim you have gout.  The more likly
cause is bad shoes.

As the most I ever pay for shoes is $5 (garage sales), I have many pairs
(4 kinds of hunting boots alone) several of which (mostly expensive
designer shoes) cause individual toes to hurt when worn too long.

Originally gout was thought to be caused by excess protein consumption
because it was a disease of the rich who ate more meat.  These
conclutions have not been borne out by the clinical studies.  That these
rich people also ate more refined white flour (high glutten) may have
been a more important factor.  Dr. Eades points out in "Protein Power"
that this type of diet improves gout dramatically!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"