From:
Elizabeth Beasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:44:57 -0500
Hi Paula, I found this on the paleofood recipes... it says at the bottom
that you can sub zucchini for the carrots. :)
--Elizabeth

Carrot Cake (or zucchini cake :)
-----------
This is a moist and delicious carrot cake with a hint of orange. Very much
like a 'real cake'.

6 eggs, separated
1/2 cup honey (or less)
1 1/2 cups carrots, cooked and pureed
1 Tlbs grated orange rind
1 Tlbs frozen orange juice
3 cups almond flour

Preheat over to 325° F.
Beat the egg yolks and honey together. Mix in carrot puree, orange rind,
orange juice and almond flour. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in.
Spoon into a greased loose bottomed 9 inch springform pan. Bake for about
50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out
clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to
cool completely.
Source: Partridge ([log in to unmask])
From: http://www.inform.dk/djembe/scd/scdrcp01.html
Patti Vincent comment: It was plenty sweet to me. It's a VERY moist cake. I
think anything could be put in place of the carrots too. Pumpkin, zucchini
etc., since the vegetable is pureed first.