From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:58:43 -0800
Hi Dave. I enjoy your posts on the HIT digest.

>         Germs are like vultures, rats, maggots,
> ravens, etc. They take advantage
> of the environment provided though they didn't cause
> the environment in the
> first place.

I think we may be agruing a matter of degrees here. I
agree wholeheartedly that the "garbage state" we put
our bodies in provides the environment for viruses and
germs to proliferate. I would argue, however, that
viruses and germs will take advantage of that
environment to do what we all try to do - survive and
reproduce. And that at some threshold - which is
probably pretty variable - they (germs and viruses)
will become more aggressive than the host can handle.
(Strength in numbers - no?)

>         You don't? What about heart disease, cancer,
> stroke, diabetes? Are these
> not from a wide spread dietary lack(at least the
> main stress)?

Yes, they are indeed.

>         Plagues and such are provided an environment
> in which to survive. When you
> do not have adequate sewage and plumbing services, a
> diet which provides
> little in the way of nutrients, and the mental
> stress of seeing a life of
> only hard labor with no way out, it is easy to
> imagine an environment of
> disease.

If that were the case, then plagues would not come and
go in a short period of time, and would not be
traceable via a plague route. If it were just a matter
of hygiene, then most plagues should get worse rather
than stopping, since by all accounts living conditions
(hygiene) worsen after a plague has struck. No,
plagues, just like infectious diseases in herds of
wild animals, kill off the weak and frail.

>         I don't see it this way. Innate intelligence
> is the individualized
> personification of Universal Intelligence. You are
> given this intelligence
> that controls and coordinates every function in your
> body whether you are a
> genius or a moron, whether you are a man or dog, a
> tree or a bug. <snip>

Whoa. I was talking about "concious" thought. To me
what you are describing is "being", which is another
matter altogether.

Wally