From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:55:25 -0700
At 08:12 AM 3/18/01 -0800, David Lewandowski wrote:
>At 01:55 PM 03/17/2001 -0500, you (Charles, iirc) wrote:
>..
>>The Mojave Indians living in the Mojave Desert were over 6 foot tall, and
>>they only had roots, insects and small game to live on.  The native
>>Californians suffered from none of the autoimmune diseases that plague
modern
>>man. I repeat, none -- no heart disease, no cancers, no diabetes, no
>>osteoporosis, no or little arthritis, no obesity, etc.etc. And since they
>>also did not have any viral diseases, since they lived in small groups,
their
>>only cause of premature death was due to injury, and they were pretty
good at
>>dealing with that as well.
>
>        With no medical technology.

Forgive me, but define "medical technology" in context.  For longer than
the records of Charles' tribe there have been the equivalent of doctors
who've amassed and passsed on a great deal of medical knowledge, used
medicines, done surgery...  And if you leave out obvious abberations like
christian "demons" from Europe, a great deal of it was at least as
scientific--and probably more objective--as what we currently have, just
with cruder equipment.

Dianne