From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:56:14 -0700
At 09:20 AM 3/30/01 -0500, Todd Moody wrote:
<snip, for the sake of brevity>

>All this may or may not be good, depending on how you look at it.
>The TG:HDL ratio certainly got better, and that is the number
>that the Eades think is important.  But LDL:HDL got worse, and
>that's the one that many others think is important.  So the
>general picture is somewhat ambiguous.  I know from reading posts
>at eatprotein.com that my response is not unusual.  That's why I
>cautioned Dori that you can't just say that eating this way
>will reduce LDL or improve your lipids.  It may raise LDL and as
>to whether it improves lipids, that depends on what you count as
>an improvement.  People have to do their own research and make up
>their own minds about that.  The scientific picture is in
>turmoil, I think.

Thank you for your response!

I find myself thinking that bit about a butterfly flapping it's wings in
one part of the world contributing to a storm in another is rather
descriptive of how our body systems work, too!  Once again, far more
questions than answers!

Dianne
who wonders if that's the appeal of the Star Trek universe--everything has
a relatively simple, direct and fast acting solution?