From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:06:57 -0400
> Subject: seeds/Plants

I did a search on Barnes&Noble and found, to my
surprise, that Companion Planting by Richard Bird is
still in print. If I remember correctly it had a lot
of info regarding which plants like to be with which
other plants (synergy), as well as how to rotate crops
each year to produce the highest level of nutrients in
the soil, which hopefully translates to the final crop
as well.

> Subject: Chimps and Tubers

My understanding was that some chimps and gorillas, if
given the chance, will also each meat on occasion. In
this respect it is basically scavenging. Otherwise
their diet is mainly veggies.

> Subject: Re: Blueberries Antioxidants
>
> Did Inuit eat blueberries or other fruit?

They, as well as many other hunter/gatherers would eat
them indirectly. In many cultures the intestines,
where you'll find partially digested plant remains,
are the prized part of the hunt. Pass the suasage
please.

> Subject: Re: What is paleo?

> Juicing is a form of refining, especially if the
> fruit pulp is
> mostly filtered out.

Agree wholeheartedly. Where's the fiber in juice? I
get very upset with the hyped up health claims of the
juicers.

However, juicing can be very helpful if the individual
is infirmed, sick, or recovering from a disease or
accident.