From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:59:12 -0600
>This is not really an answer to your question. Most people on this list
>do cook their meat. However I eat all of my meat totally uncooked when I
>am home and only occasionally will eat cooked meat at a restaurant and
>have twice had raw meat at a restaurant. I have been eating my meat this
>way for about four years. As far as I can tell I have not had any
>trouble with "food poisoning" bacteria. I usually buy 5 to 10 pounds at
>a time which takes me a couple of weeks to consume. This gives the
>bacteria lots of time to grow. I also eat my fish uncooked.

Hi David - did you gradually transition from cooked to raw or did you
just jump right into eating raw animal products? If it was a gradual
thing, were you able to notice any health benefits because of the
change? Conversely, if you were now to switch back to cooked meat on
a regular basis, do you feel your state of health would suffer as a
result?

Cheers,
Jo