From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 21:48:44 -0800
Happy Winter Solstice,
On 22 Dec Han Klyberg wrote:
>>Each one has to get as much
>>information as he/she thinks is
>>necessary, and evaluate this
>>information and make conclusions.
>>I don't think he idea that a trial and
>>error approach is possible to use, as
>>the "error" may show up only after
>>many years, and then it is too late to
>>correct.

I am not smart enough to evaluate different diet theories and make good
conclusions.  I am so gullible that at one time i believed that a
healthy meal contained food from each of the four basic food groups.

For the past seven years, i was searching for a diet to get me well
using a trial and error approach.  Six months ago, i came across the ten
commandments of "NeaderThin" and was impressed with how well they
matched up with what i had observed in my own experiments.

I have made progress but still have health problems.  I continue to rely
on trial and error to find my best diet.  I use other people's
observations, analytical evalutions, and scientific studies for the sole
purpose of helping me decide on new experiments in order to improve my
present diet.  Its a slow and difficult methodology.  I still have
trouble accepting the high ratio of failures to successes.

Hans points out that a trial and error approach ignores the long term
health problems that do not show up until a later time.  I do not worry
about that now since i am still working on getting well.  However, it
would seem if experimenters monitored body signs like pulse rate, blood
pressure, cholestoral levels, frequency of bowel movements, etc. as they
varied their diets that they could achieve a diet that would maximize
their lifespan.

I am promoting a trial and error approach for selfish reasons.  I
discover a lot of useful ideas by hearing what other people have tried
and observed in their own trials.

Learning to accept "errors",
mark