From:
Binnie Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:43:45 -0500
I believe that there was a discussion recently on this list about how
best
to obtain an ideal ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids--one more
closely approximating that obtained by paleo H & G's. I came across an
article in the "Life Extension" magazine recently that stated that a
new
source of essential fatty acids, alpha-linolenic perilla oil, is
showing
greater health benefits without gastrointestinal  side effects. This
oil
comes from the  beefsteak plant (Perilla frutescens) and is relatively
common in East Asian countries. It may be superior to other oils
because it
is tolerable by virtually everyone.

Binnie