From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 17:29:03 -0700
>....   Except maybe the new superseweet varieties of
>corn, I'm not worried about any modern fruits or veggies. The fruits are
>too sweet, but that just means I can't eat my fill of them (unless of
>course I do ;)).  Nieft / Secola [log in to unmask]

OK, as far as carb intake is concerned, but, don't you wonder what
proteins they are putting into commercial fruits and veggies with all
this fancy new genetic engineering?  For instance, with tomatoes, almost
any you find in a store these days have multiple special protein genes
installed. These are intended to do things like prevent freezing damage,
provide a texture more resilient to shipping, improve appearance, etc.,
and they all come from other species of plants, or even bacteria.  I hate
to think I'm being paranoid, but I don't have any trust that the agribiz
folk know or care what impact consumption of those proteins might have
(especially on my already-screwed-up system).

Worth worrying about?